Time to catch up on some of the android blogposts! Lets start with a simple one: this annoying bug stops you from opening the very usefull Hierarchy-viewer.
“Failed to get the adb version: Cannot run program “adb.exe”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified”
There seem to be several issues here, ranging from installing all sorts of new stuff to reinstalling the SDK, but there’s one sollution that has helpt me on 2 different (windows) machines: adding the new location of the “adb.exe” to your environment path.
Step 1: locate adb.exe. It wil probably be in the platform-tools dir (that’s new I guess)
Step 2: add the location to your PATH. In windows 7:
- Rightclick on “my computer”
- Advanced system settings (on the left)
- Button “Environment Variables”
- Select “PATH” and press “Edit…”
- Add your path, e.g. add in the end: “;c:\android\sdk\platform-tools
- press all OK buttons.